3.07.2008
Shining Shimmering Splendor
This is gonna be a random brain dump, because I need to update y'all and I am too tired (and frankly, a little hungover) to find a clever way to do this.

Primary Election Day 2008 came and went. On election night I spent the evening under the stars in San Antonio, where Barack Obama would come out and make his victory/concession speech. (He won the Texas caucuses, lost the primary, we have a jacked up system.)

I saw Rev. Jesse Jacks0n out in the crowd and decided to take a shot at getting a live interview. Went up to him and shared our Greenville connection. Then we got him live at the top of the 10. Then, there was the weirder moment of the night -- he asked me to meet him at his hotel after the party was over.

"Where you stayin' tonight?... I'm at the Marriott. We should meet up later."

And then there was other gibberish that I can't really remember before he finished things off with, "You gonna call me?" I ran into him again while walking up the risers and he grazed my boob before grabbing my arm to remind me to call him.

Hrmmm. Perhaps he wanted to show me his "rainbow push", photog Todd joked.

***

The Barack Obama Texas folks, who used to be the Obama Iowa folks, have enjoyed their time in ATX but haven't seen much more than the ride from their hotel to the office. So last night, some of us reporters took them to Donn's Depot, an old train caboose turned into a bar. Played some good tunes on the jukebox.

Turned things up a notch at midnight and found ourselves at Asian-style karaoke, where you get your own private room to go crazy.

File under "unforgettable memories": The Obama for America Texas Communications Director rocking out to Nelly's "Hot in Herrrre".

Meanwhile, another staffer and I did a killer duet to "A Whole New World" from Aladdin, if I must say so myself.

"Don't you dare close your eyes."
Posted by E
| Link to this post | 3 comments |





Email Me
My Profile

Blog Button...



    By the DMAs
    1.New York
    Protz
    2.Los Angeles (but traveling)
    Jayna
    3.Chicago
    Jason
    5.Dallas-Fort Worth
    Dan
    Jimmie
    Seymour
    Wongton
    6.San Francisco
    Hasser
    7.Boston
    Channing
    Jonathan
    Josh
    10.Houston
    Lil' Lost Robot
    Matty
    12.Phoenix
    Erica
    14.Seattle-Tacoma
    Thomas
    34.Cincinnati
    Jay
    36.Greenville-Spartanburg
    Brad
    Cinlach
    Grayson
    Michelle
    Sappy Chick
    47.Jacksonville
    Garvin
    49.Austin
    Political Junkie
    73.Toledo
    Maureen
    79.Columbia, SC
    Doug
    Will's Ladies
    137.Columbia-Jefferson City
    Wohleber
    141.Beaumont-Port Arthur
    Mark Hancock
    150.Anchorage
    Matthew
    Foreign Bureaus
    Jason (Hong Kong)

    You are visitor #...

    Free Hit Counter
    Free Counter

    Blogroll Me!
    Site Feed
    Add to Google



    Listed on BlogShares



     View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com


    Who Links Here