8.28.2007
Saidee's Big Adventure



Saidee the family beagle wandered out from our STL home Saturday. She has snuck out before (she is a beagle, after all) but always came home within the day.

When she hadn't returned by Monday night, Mom, Dad and Roger FINALLY decided to tell me. (Apparently I am the person in the family that freaks out more than the rest, so all three of them kept this news from me for days.)

They decided hope was lost, because it had been too long. Since this was news to me, Stiles and I sprung into action. He created flyers within two minutes after I called him. We sent them to Dad, who rushed a copy to Kinko's. The Kinko's lady felt so bad for my dad that she printed all of his Lost Dog posters for free.

I did everything I could to get the word out electronically. Facebook, Craigslist, DogDetective.com. Did you know there's a K9 Amber Alert? You do now!

This morning I called all the vets in the Chesterfield, MO area and found one which had a lady bring in an "older" female beagle yesterday. She didn't leave a number, but I found a glimmer of hope.

The same moment I called my dad, he was calling me. After going into a near depression, he had found Saidee. He and his friend Sean were out putting posters at major intersections. As they put up their "LOST DOG" poster on one side of the road, they spotted a "FOUND BEAGLE" sign on the opposite side of the road.

Turns out Saidee lost her collar, and a Chinese lady picked her up! (Saidee knows how to find her people, I guess.) The entire family is breathing a huge sigh of relief, and getting one of those chips installed in her next Tuesday.
Posted by E
| Link to this post | 0 comments |





Email Me
My Profile

Blog Button...



    By the DMAs
    1.New York
    Protz
    2.Los Angeles (but traveling)
    Jayna
    3.Chicago
    Jason
    5.Dallas-Fort Worth
    Dan
    Jimmie
    Seymour
    Wongton
    6.San Francisco
    Hasser
    7.Boston
    Channing
    Jonathan
    Josh
    10.Houston
    Lil' Lost Robot
    Matty
    12.Phoenix
    Erica
    14.Seattle-Tacoma
    Thomas
    34.Cincinnati
    Jay
    36.Greenville-Spartanburg
    Brad
    Cinlach
    Grayson
    Michelle
    Sappy Chick
    47.Jacksonville
    Garvin
    49.Austin
    Political Junkie
    73.Toledo
    Maureen
    79.Columbia, SC
    Doug
    Will's Ladies
    137.Columbia-Jefferson City
    Wohleber
    141.Beaumont-Port Arthur
    Mark Hancock
    150.Anchorage
    Matthew
    Foreign Bureaus
    Jason (Hong Kong)

    You are visitor #...

    Free Hit Counter
    Free Counter

    Blogroll Me!
    Site Feed
    Add to Google



    Listed on BlogShares



     View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com


    Who Links Here