5.14.2007
Dirty Dozen
My blogger friend in South Cackalacka -- Sappy Chick -- has long been reminding me to take part in a blogger photo project called 12 on 12.

The rules are simple: Take 12 pictures from a single day in your life, which happens to be the 12th day of the month. Add a timestamp and description. (I actually forgot the timestamp part, and UPDATE -- I found another pair of photos to make twelve.)

These are taken May 12th in Tucson, Arizona. It happens to by my little brother Roger's birthday -- and graduation day. I started the day at Costco.


Lunch. Can you believe this deal? Costco sells huge hot dogs (we're talking at least eight inches here) and a 20 ounce drink for a buck and a half. No kidding. I ended up getting two hot dogs and two 20 ounce drinks because I was so stunned by the bargain. Delicious. And Kosher.


Hotel room. Getting ready. Roger tries to figure out how to wear his hood, so he tries it on me. His girlfriend Wendy is helping out my Aunt Betty.


We embark upon campus. The U of A campus is shockingly new. It seriously looks like a spankin' new shopping center in a posh, uptown area of some up-and-coming midsize city.


The most interesting part of this photo is almost cut out of it. Here's my little brother Roger walking to the graduation site. Behind him is his ex-girlfriend of four years, Tracy, walking with my dad. Behind Tracy is Wendy, Roger's current girlfriend. Apparently this is not weird? What?


Mom, snapping the same shot of Roger, only I'm sure hers is artsier and actually in focus.


Roger gets hooded! It is strange that my little brother now holds an advanced degree. Reminds me of that one episode of Sports Night where Dan reminds Casey that he's always had a complex about people who have advanced degrees. Not that I have a complex about it. Nope. :)


Congrats to grads. Congrats to me for sitting through that painfully dull ceremony. Even still - the graduation speaker was STILL BETTER THAN OURS.


Awww... my little brother now gets to enter the real world. Little does he know of the world of crushing debt he's about to be welcomed into. Oh wait, he just got a Masters in FINANCE.


There seems to be a wait for the all-you-can-eat sushi place we plan to go to for Roger's Birthday dinner. So the whole family (plus the current and ex girlfriends) wanders into Big Lots. That is where I find these awesome knock-off perfumes. If you love Glow by JLo, you'll love "Sensuale".


All you can eat, baby. The big boat is rolls and nigiri, the smaller boat is straight-up sashimi. Bring it on. Out of my way!!!


When I said out of my way, I meant it.


After dinner, Roger gets some birthday green tea ice cream. (We WERE at a sushi place, after all.) Dad tries to feed his sister, Aunt Betty, a bite of "ice cream" which is actually the Japanese hot mustard -- wasabi. Laughter ensues.

I hope you enjoy my first time (doing 12 on 12) as much as I did.
Posted by E
| Link to this post | 6 comments |





Email Me
My Profile

Blog Button...



    By the DMAs
    1.New York
    Protz
    2.Los Angeles (but traveling)
    Jayna
    3.Chicago
    Jason
    5.Dallas-Fort Worth
    Dan
    Jimmie
    Seymour
    Wongton
    6.San Francisco
    Hasser
    7.Boston
    Channing
    Jonathan
    Josh
    10.Houston
    Lil' Lost Robot
    Matty
    12.Phoenix
    Erica
    14.Seattle-Tacoma
    Thomas
    34.Cincinnati
    Jay
    36.Greenville-Spartanburg
    Brad
    Cinlach
    Grayson
    Michelle
    Sappy Chick
    47.Jacksonville
    Garvin
    49.Austin
    Political Junkie
    73.Toledo
    Maureen
    79.Columbia, SC
    Doug
    Will's Ladies
    137.Columbia-Jefferson City
    Wohleber
    141.Beaumont-Port Arthur
    Mark Hancock
    150.Anchorage
    Matthew
    Foreign Bureaus
    Jason (Hong Kong)

    You are visitor #...

    Free Hit Counter
    Free Counter

    Blogroll Me!
    Site Feed
    Add to Google



    Listed on BlogShares



     View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com


    Who Links Here