2.11.2005
Notes from the Infield
Hello from the Media Center of the newly redesigned Daytona infield. Nextel's title sponsorship apparently fueled quite a bit of change, and most of them are excellent.
A random rundown of my first day here:

1. Credential cops are EVERYWHERE. It's getting to the point where I need a certain credential for a certain bathroom in order to pee.

2. They have separated filing centers for print and electronic media. I can't even GET INTO the "print media" building because I'm credentialed for "electronic".*

3. I've learned my stock-car racing quickly. Today I felt comfortable with my NASCAR for Dummies** study to make a joke to a Earnhardt Jr. groupie by going, "I see you're a big Tony Stewart fan". OHHH, I kill myself.

4. Did one-on-ones with heavy hitters Brian France, Darryl Waltrip, and the legendary P@trick Terpstr@.

*Stiles says it's to keep the print people from "the catty TV bitches". Thanks, honey.
** There really is a NASCAR for Dummies. I got it in the media kit.
Posted by E
| Link to this post | 0 comments |





Email Me
My Profile

Blog Button...



    By the DMAs
    1.New York
    Protz
    2.Los Angeles (but traveling)
    Jayna
    3.Chicago
    Jason
    5.Dallas-Fort Worth
    Dan
    Jimmie
    Seymour
    Wongton
    6.San Francisco
    Hasser
    7.Boston
    Channing
    Jonathan
    Josh
    10.Houston
    Lil' Lost Robot
    Matty
    12.Phoenix
    Erica
    14.Seattle-Tacoma
    Thomas
    34.Cincinnati
    Jay
    36.Greenville-Spartanburg
    Brad
    Cinlach
    Grayson
    Michelle
    Sappy Chick
    47.Jacksonville
    Garvin
    49.Austin
    Political Junkie
    73.Toledo
    Maureen
    79.Columbia, SC
    Doug
    Will's Ladies
    137.Columbia-Jefferson City
    Wohleber
    141.Beaumont-Port Arthur
    Mark Hancock
    150.Anchorage
    Matthew
    Foreign Bureaus
    Jason (Hong Kong)

    You are visitor #...

    Free Hit Counter
    Free Counter

    Blogroll Me!
    Site Feed
    Add to Google



    Listed on BlogShares



     View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com


    Who Links Here